Friday, September 3, 2010

200: This is Sparta!

I am close... so close to being less than 200 pounds for the first time in a long time. At some point between leaving university and the entering the working world, I my weight crossed into the 200+ zone, and I have never gone back.

As it stands right now, I am a little over half a pound over this threshold. Since Thinspiration XXL began, it seemed like a demonstration of Zeno's Paradox. I've gradually get closer and closer... but the ultimate goal remains elusive. Royal Pinguo has been kicking my ass to reach this goal. (Kicking my ass out of love, I'm sure.) To be so close to achieving my goal, and not to make it would be shameful and heartbreaking. The Wii Fit tells me that I'm still overweight, but thankfully well out of the obese range.

In the week ahead, I will face the weight-watcher's ultimate test. The Burlington RibFest! I must control myself in the heartland of gluttony. How terrible this is... I just want to binge eat those delicious ribs. But my goal is so close at hand. What to do? What to do?

1 comment: