Monday, August 30, 2010

Canadian National Exhibition: destroyer of diets

Thorn and I attended the Canadian National Exhibition on Saturday and while we did no succumb to the deep fried butter, we did consume the following:
  • breakfast mac and cheese with egg and sausage from the Mac and Cheesery (unfortunately, the mac & cheese was soft and tasteless)
  • buffalo burger (excellent, as usual)
  • poutine
  • Maple Butter BeaverTail
We also bought some short bread cookies from Sprucewood Handmade Cookie Co after sampling them. We enjoyed Rosemary and Dark Chocolate, but bought Spicy Thai and Raspberry. They will be coming to a Thinspiration XXL showdown soon!

At no point did I have a meal replacement shake. In fact, I did try to bring a bottle of meal replacement with me, but Thorn gave me a dirty look so I put it back in the fridge.

The madness continued on Sunday, when we attended BuskerFest and ate delicious pub food in front of Doctor Cook, who died a little inside as he squeezed his lemon into his fizzy water. That evening, we ate dinner with Jon Levy at The Acme Burger Company. The burgers were fresh and tasted like real meat, but were otherwise unspectacular.

I am back to the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Plan today:
  • 3 Snacks: Banana, apple, peach
  • 2 Meal Replacements: Life Brand Complete Meal Replacement Shake - Chocolate flavour
  • 1 Balanced Meal: Scrambled eggs with cucumbers, string beans, green peppers and rice.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... burgers...

    http://bestofmotherearth.com/2008/09/24/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger.html

    As horrifying as this article is, this will be high on my list of foods that I eat when this competition is concluded.

    ReplyDelete