Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Special Subway Everything : Day 5 (Monday)

I broke down, not due to any desire or urge, but time and hunger duress. I ate Subway, well half a Subway sub, the other is reserved for lunch on Day 6. I really am starting to hate Subway, not the mediocre food so much as the service. Lacking any form of I don't know....service.

The customer is always right?? When? It's sad that we live in a society where the customer always gets treated like crap unless they complain. Things like this happen all over the place, not just at Subway, no wonder I brown bag lunch as much as possible.

I ordered a sub, which you know has "toppings" on it. When the staff behind the counter only put on a few meagre pieces of peppers, onions and jalapeno....that just irks me so I asked politely for a bit more.

When someone orders something the length of their arm it's generally good to put more than 5 pathetic jalapeno or green pepper slivers on it. FIVE!!! I asked for more, got glares of hatred and malice, and smiled back all the while as they loaded it up, cut my super-stuffed footlong, I paid and left. Munched happily on the excess jalapenos especially after the sub exploded in happy spiciness on my desk.

They overloaded it on the jalapeno to the point they could barely wrap it, maybe hoping to punish my stomach for my insolence and were belligerent to me through the rest of the transaction. Little do they know...

It occurred to me how Jared may have lost all that weight: he likely never asked for more of a topping because the staff were rude, made him feel bad (or at least tried to) and glared at him like he was a freak.

Breakfast:
  • special k with skim milk (only a normal serving this time)
  • 2 special k bars
  • green tea
Lunch:
  • half of a footlong jalapeno sub that had some other stuff on it too, on a whole grain bun
  • orange juice 200ml
Dinner:
  • orange juice
  • Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness (about 300ml)
  • 2 bananas
  • tangerine and peaches in light syrup
Exercise:
  • 22km biking
  • 1 hour dragon boat practice

1 comment: