Monday, August 30, 2010

Special K Diet Days 3 and 4: Weekend at Calorie Hill


Where to even begin.... It all started with a Sapporo.

As always weekends blur into a mesh of random events one leading into another and it never really makes any sense as it's happening.

Saturday started at 3:30am-ish, not long after I went to bed after watching 3 crazy movies in a row. My sisters dog, love the furball but he decided to wake me up to go outside, doing his doggie business and play fetch in the dark. Then repeated it at around 8am.

Finally woke up proper around 11-something-er-other-ish to the order of "get ready we're leaving" ...um okay. Barely time to brush my teeth.

Arrival around 1pm-ish (still hazy): instant meetings with parents, family we'd not seen since this same event last year, new family I hadn't met before from BC, Manitoba and other parts of Ontario.... as all this is happening the Sapporo was opened and quickly followed by the first of many Keith's. All downhill from here trying to remember all these names.

Also discovered I have a cousin that works in the video game development industry, had a geek-out moment.

There was some chips and cheesies but beer as breakfast had to basically carry the day for a little while. We put a nice dent in the 24 of Keith's as the day wore on into night and the mosquitoes found us.

Though after so many Keith's it was refreshing when my cousin (also a beer snob) hands me a bottle of Edelweiss.... rough day eh?

Breakfast:
  • 1 Sapporo 650ml
  • several bottles Keith's IPA
  • handful of potato chips
  • handful of cheesies
  • fresh air
Lunch and Dinner, one blended into the other, it just sort of never stopped:
  • 2 cups Bacardi Lemon with pink lemonade
  • more Keith's
  • 1 bottle Edelweiss
  • BBQ pork
  • BBQ beef
  • peanut cashew noodle salad stuff
  • greek salad
  • other salads of some kind
  • other loads of heavy meal stuff I don't recall the names of but was all awesome
  • cocktail shrimp and seafood sauce
  • grapes
  • watermelon
  • pineapple
  • strawberries
  • potato salad
  • more Keith's
  • more chips
  • more cheesies
  • small coffee cake deserts
  • small chocolate cake deserts
  • small coconut deserts
  • more Keith's
  • 4 chocolate cupcakes
  • caramel chocolate crunchy bark stuff (FANTASTIC!!!)
  • and I'm sure there's more I'm simply forgetting, there was a lot!

Exercise:
  • swimming
  • keeping up with the kids
  • 3 person game of horseshoes I lost with a meagre single point to my name
  • walking around and mingling all day talking constantly, think I blab a lot? You haven't met the clan.
...and that was just Saturday

Sunday:

  • Tim Horton's everything bagel with tomato and swiss
  • 2 bottles orange juice
  • cheeseburger topped with tomato onion lettuce mustard
  • black bean (veggie) burger with the same but no cheese
  • 1 bottle Keith's
  • grapes
  • raspberries
  • strawberries
  • olives
  • pickles
Back home:
  • special K bar
  • bowl of PC whole grain Cheerios knock off (which actually tastes better!) in skim milk
  • not so much fresh air

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Now that's a LIST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously doubt I remembered everything I ate and there was more on the tables I had not even sampled.

    All things considered, there was an abundance of healthy variety to wash down the heavy stuff with. It was pretty incredible.

    ReplyDelete