Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Special K Diet: Kelloggs vs. Kashi vs. Chicken Wings

I spent this past weekend preparing for my friend's wedding in Niagara region. Weekends are a tough time to follow diets because we are social and busy. Diets depend on routines, and only the most boring people have a regular routine for their weekends.

I ate terribly (or terribly well in some cases) this weekend. During this fiasco, I was able to finally try Special K bars. In fact, Royal Pinguo and I were stuffing our face with 2 bars each, in between doing wedding-related tasks. Given the choice between eating 10 Kashi crackers or one Special K bar (both 90 calories) I would choose the Special K bar hands down. For a far comparison, I would have to compare Kashi bars with Special K bars, but I haven't bought any Kashi bars yet.

The wedding was beautiful. The meal was Western-style. Normally, I go to Chinese weddings where they serve a filling 10 course meal. This was a sensible 4-course meal of light but high quality food. Phew! Since Royal Pinguo and I were the wedding MC's, we didn't eat as much as we could. We were saddened by this, but at least it was good for Thinspiration XXL.

On the flip side, we spent Monday shopping in the States. We took some time to visit the birthplace of Buffalo chicken wings. It's called The Anchor Bar on 1047 Main St. It was a small place tucked in the middle of nowhere. From these humble beginnings came the coveted pub food that has ruined the diets and figures of many. We sat down and ordered 100 wings. (That is not a typo... 100 wings.) That was shared between 5 people... with the intent on having leftovers. It was neat gone to the Anchor Bar, since it played such a pivotal role in pub food history. The actual chicken wings were nothing special, as I've had better wings elsewhere. I was tempted to go nuts and stuff my face with wings... but I stopped after 12 wings. Thinspiration XXL has taught me about portion control. We now have some leftover wings sitting in our fridge... slowly waiting to be eaten.

Saturday: (Wedding preparation and planning)
  • Special K
  • MilK
  • Toast and jam
  • Scrambled eggs
  • Beef with pancaKe
  • Shredded potato and vinegar
  • Steamed porK bun
  • Green bean with noodle
  • Special K (again)
  • MilK
  • Nectarines
Sunday: (On the road, and at the wedding)
  • Tim Hortons breaKfast sandwich (eww)
  • BlacK tea
  • Bagel with creme cheese
  • Kashi cracKers
  • Special K bar
  • PumpKin soup
  • SmoKed salmon appetizer
  • Salmon and steak
  • Strawberry cheesecaKe
  • Lots of wine
Monday: (Cross-border shopping)
  • PancaKes
  • Scrambled eggs
  • Sausage
  • Iced tea
  • ChicKen wings
  • Diet CoKe
  • Special K
  • MilK
Weekend K-count: KKKKK KKKKK KKKKK KKKK

2 comments: