Friday, August 27, 2010

Special K and Everything: Day Two (Friday)

I like Special K, but the 1 1/4 cup serving size is almost embarrassing though I can see that being feasible for people with different dietary requirements and lifestyles. Like Flocons I as always was also hungry very soon afterward even with the overdosed helping.

The bars are yummy too, but also not very filling, at 90 calories each I'm not expecting them to be but last night when packing my lunch for today I had to catch myself and stay my hand from simply throwing the remaining 8 bars from both boxes into my pack. I'd have eaten all of them by mid-morning.

I'm in trouble now, will be staying with family this weekend so healthy eating and portion control are both out the window no matter how hard I try.

Breakfast:
  • Special K and skim milk (about 2-3 servings worth, small bowls are for dipping sauces not cereal)
  • 1 Special K bar, vanilla
  • 1 cup of coffee, skim milk and sugar
  • 1 21g snacker size of Kraft Brick cheese
Lunch:
  • Sandwich (same as yesterday but with more hot sauce and tomatoes)
  • corn cob
  • OJ 200ml
  • 1 Special K bar, mocha
Snack:
  • 1 granny smith apple
Dinner (arrival at the home of family):
  • 1 HUGE ass steak, grilled with some mesquite seasoning
  • fettuccine alfredo with broccoli
  • grilled potatoes and peas
  • Bick's low salt pickles
  • olives stuffed with jalapenos
  • 70% dark chocolate
  • rye and ginger
  • Pelee Island red wine
Exercise:
NONE. I took the subway to work, then the train down to visit family. Sat in a car being picked up at the train station, and after dinner watched 3 movies: Kick Ass, Don't Mess with the Zohan and The Book of Eli.

All in all I spent an inordinate amount of time sitting on my ass.

I didn't even get into the Liberte blackberry yogurt and PC Chocolate ice cream we'd grabbed on the way home. Too bad, those are yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment