Friday, August 27, 2010

Master Mung Cleanse: Fear and Loathing (of Kichadi) in Toronto, Day 2


Day 2: Friday

Comments: My second day of kichadi. Cold, day old kichadi is the devil.

My goal: To survive.

Food choice: Cold, day old, soggy kichadi (breakfast and lunch), fresh kichadi (dinner).

Total old soggy Kichadi remaining: ~0.5 cup of rice (pre-cooking measurements).

Total Kichadi prepared: ~1 cup of rice (pre-cooking measurements).

Total Kichadi eaten: 100%

Beverage choices: 1 glass of Master Cleanse, minus the maple syrup; very few glasses of water.


General feelings about life post meals:
Mildly depressed.

Excitement level regarding eating kichadi (0-10; 0 = revolted, 10 = too much Botox): 2

Likelihood that I would rather starve than eat kichadi (0-10; 0 = never, 10 = kill me now): 6

Side-effects of meal: Gagging and near vomitting (cold kichadi), fear and loathing of cold day old kichadi, severe hunger during hours spent delaying eating kichadi, uncomfortable fullness after dinner, due to need to eliminate any chance of leftover cold day old soggy kichadi.

Food related dreams or fantasies: Tremendous desire to eat anything that isn't kichadi and lie about it afterwards. While preparing kichadi, strong desire to accidentally add considerably more salt. Again, impulses to drop kichadi on the ground and eat it.

Occurrences of note: Friends offered me cake. Roommates cooked bacon while I was preparing kichadi. Coworker offered me watermelon. Repeatedly offered drinks at house party. Strangely, the overall feeling by the end of the night was very positive.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear god, I laughed SO HARD I had tears welling up in my eyes. For over ten minutes. It took me that long compose myself enough to get back up off my office floor to write this. I laughed because I could relate to everything you wrote about. I had the exact same reaction the first time I did it. But the fact that it completely solved my digestion issues and insomnia made me change my mind about my diet for good. After the first time (as with many life experiences) it gets significantly better. hang in there Doctor Cook. Just think of how much stronger your resolve and self discipline will be after this experience.

    ReplyDelete