Monday, July 12, 2010

Thinspiration Update

The first week was quite successful. My competitors were at a disadvantage though due to the fact that my first weigh in was after binge eating in Chicago. However, I'll use whatever means necessary to win (or at the very least, not lose) this competition.

The next few pounds will be much harder to lose. I'm at my normal stable weight (not necessarily my optimal weight, just what I've weighed at for the past 5-7 years or so). I'll have to forgo the beef patties and pastries that I frequently consume from the coffee truck we have at work. Yes, my workplace is so remote from normal restaurants that we have a coffee truck that comes in every morning, lunchtime and afternoon during weekdays.

Unfortunately, I've developed a Pavlovian response to the chime of the coffee truck and instantly salivate when I hear it. I do not get hungry until 10:30am because that's when it usually comes and if I miss it my stomach grumbles "Why are you doing this to me???". I'll have to unlearn this conditioned response and it won't be easy but this is what I have to do to succeed and go below 172 lbs. I know this because during a recent trip outside of the country I lost weight because I didn't have access to the sweet, sweet coffee truck.

First Step: Stop eating from the coffee truck
Second Step: ???
Third Step: Profit! (Win Thinspiration XXL)

1 comment:

  1. On a plus side for us I think all the activity of this past Sunday (AND Saturday for Doc Cook and I) left a very large amount of our water weight behind on Spadina and other areas of the city. I felt like a crustacean.

    ReplyDelete