Friday, July 16, 2010

More words from a winner

It is hard to enjoy my second consecutive victory because I fear losing the lead at the next weigh-in.

For one, I have a competitor who is also refusing to eat, but has a lot more weight to lose. Now that Flocons is finally following the advice that friends have been offering for years and putting down that fork, I fear that he will become an unstoppable, rapidly diminishing force.

Secondly, I cannot eat any less than I currently do, and maintain my mental and physical health. My weight loss thus far has been mainly the result of portion control, but unless I start consuming nothing but celery, I fear that this strategy has run its course.

I may actually have to start exercising if I am to remain in the overall lead. In a faulty turn of logic, I have decided to join the Toronto Girls' Cupcake Ride this weekend. And, I hope to supplement bike riding with running, perhaps in preparation for an event in September.

Fellow competitors, I think it would be hilarious to have us run a 5K or 10K together. And maybe, end it with a cupcake or prime rib...no, wait...

The battle between my mouth and my legs to see which will hold sway over my back fat begins.

4 comments:

  1. But Flocons clearly outdid us all with his monster 5lbs slimming....so doesn't that make him the winner this week and overall?

    I envy your cupcake ride it sounds like a blast, curse my maleness. I've been accused of being female for my addiction to anything chocolate but I doubt that will grant me leave to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flocons clearly won the weekly total but not the overall total. We are going by percentages and not total poundage, unless you think a pound-per-pound competition is in any way reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha never. He's on a mission now though so watch out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least Flocons will be weaker and weaker with his strategy. If we can't beat him in this competition we can just beat him. :)

    ReplyDelete