Thursday, July 8, 2010

good idea bad idea...



I biked home from work yesterday at 4:30pm, had some water and fruit, then immediately went for a run around 5:15-ish when it was still insanely hot out. Only 6k. It was stupidly hot. I did it anyway. I learned two (three) things:
  1. I am incredibly out of shape mentally even more than physically, I am lacking on the discipline I once had. In the muggy heat which never used to phase me, my legs just never felt like moving and my will was sapped. Calves and quads felt like jello. Here's the rub: In realizing my legs felt like jello, it only made me hungry for jello. I don't even like jello. Is that a bad thing? Hunger occurred to me wayyyyy before I realized it was from the combo of the lack of training, biking home, and the heat. I don't like jello.
  2. It was stupid. To run in that heat and humidity. Regardless, I am still likely to run in this heat again to make a desperate attempt at getting my heat tolerance and endurance back up.
  3. I do not have "pecs" anymore. I have man-boobs. Yes. There I said it. I ran shirtless for the last half to get some air contact directly onto my skin and saw my reflection in the window of a store. Not flattered.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Man-boobs. Watch out for chafing! Bloody nipples are a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A jog bra prevents chafing and turns boobs into perky pecs. Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does that Seinfeld episode suddenly come to mind? Remember Kramer's "manzier?"
    To your credit, I do think that perhaps the reflection was more exagerated than the reality. I don't recall ever thinking you had man boobs.

    ReplyDelete