Monday, July 5, 2010

Are you going to eat that?



You know the situation is getting dire when the image above makes you hungry. Not horrified? Well, you should be. I wasn't just talking about the pasta!

It's been almost a week of the Thinspiration competition and I am most assuredly losing weight. My strategy so far has been to cut out those horrible foods that so easily cause weight gain: all of them. Kate Moss, eat your heart ou- Oops, what am I saying? Kate Moss, starve your heart out! Right. Much better.

The "internet" tells me that I presently burn around 3000 calories per day on average.

Presently, I've been consuming in the range of 1500-2000 calories per day, with some notable exceptions, for a daily deficit of 1000-1500 calories.

A pound of fat is 3500 calories. So that basically means I should be losing a pound every 3 days or so.

This leads to an important mathematical safety-conscience question.

At this rate, how long will it take until I lose so much weight that I will literally disappear?

The answer: between 3 and 5 months.

If you use a bunch of probably completely made up numbers, my 180 lbs of weight, last I checked, can be broken down into:

23 lbs of fat [13% body fat. :( ] x 3500 = 82,000 calories
30 lbs of protein x 1800 = 54,000 calories
112 lbs of water
15 lbs of random fairly important stuff, like bones

I'm sure celestialspeedster, our resident cannibalism enthusiast, is perking up at this. One medium sized human could theoretically feed a person for months.

...

But, the point I'm trying to make is, I'm very very hungry. All of the time. There is a constant nagging buzzing feeling in my stomach. I dream of food. I even smell food when it isn't there. There was a distinctive smell of peanut butter earlier. I wasn't having a stroke, so perhaps it was a starvation-induced hallucination.

As the saying should go, I'm hungry enough to eat a Michael Moore. Almost, anyway.

Seriously, look at him.

He's just asking to be eaten!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the part of your brain responsible for sensory perception is the most starved? Hence the seeming hallucinations. Maybe if you tried to hallucinate you actually eating the thing you thought you were smelling...that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've considered miming eating to see if it will fool my body. Sadly, all it accomplishes is to make me look crazy.

    ReplyDelete