Sunday, July 18, 2010

Food for thought

I think we might have our first competition challenge!

According to The Toronto Star, burgers should not be an everyday treat. Them's fighting words, Toronto Star!

Unfortunately, Opiate, Thorn and I live within limping distance of Dangerous Dan's Diner and The Burger's Priest.

What I propose is a meal together at one of the burger joints listed in the article during which every competitor must order and eat a burger. In the two hours prior to the meal, competitors may follow whatever strategy they choose to fight against the massive weight gain assault. We weigh-in the morning of then the morning after the meal. We can also measure blood pressure before and after the meal.

I'm sure this will enlighten readers the same way Super Size Me did. This is edutainment.

6 comments:

  1. Good God. I just had a burger today. Covered in chipotle. That's the second or three things I've eaten here that was covered in chipotle. What's up with that? Haven't they seen that South Park episode (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/251865)?

    And, yes, that's right, 3 meals in 3 days, and I am not hungry at all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww... Dangerous Dan's. I went there once a few years back, after rock climbing. I ordered their regular burger and had a violent case of food poisoning there. Let's be clear... I don't eat at Dangerous Dan's due to lack of food cleanliness, not food healthiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will only eat their beef ribs now. They provide them for the runners in "A Midsummers Night Run". They are very tasty and I haven't gotten sick from them yet. I think having one coronary burger in one lifetime is enough for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love it. But I think bulimia should be prohibited. Vomiting is the easy way out. Man, the number of times I've used that line...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is for the Burgers Priest, stumbling distance from Thorn and Celestial's abode and if we stumble in the wrong direction...St. John's cemetery. Either might be handy depending on what we eat. After three weeks of near starvation throwing our bodies into shock....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's official, my license expired today so I won't be able to drive anyone to the emerge. Therefore, please ensure you have your own backups ready should you feel the need to attempt to save yourself before hitting the cemetary.

    ReplyDelete