Thursday, July 22, 2010

A different kind of diet

Unless Doctor Cook and Royal Pinguo have achieved massive weight loss (or any weight loss, in Doctor Cook's case), it looks like I have come out on top again this week. I would like to thank Flocons's boss for putting his nose to the grindstone, thus allowing his backside to relax and have some Swiss Chalet.

With roughly five pounds to go before I reach my lowest adult weight, I know that I have a difficult road ahead of me. The last five pounds are known in weight loss folklore as the hardest lose.

To keep my motivation up, I have decided to focus on a new diet: a clothing diet. Dieters are restricted to six items of clothing for a month (does not include underwear). It is the antidote to the consumer binge that usually occurs after claiming that one has "nothing to wear".

An even stricter diet, the Great American Apparel Diet, bars dieters from buying for an entire year. That goal is pretty much on par with an Ironman triathlon in my mind - inspiring but not within my abilities.

With all the sweating that I have done as a result of the heat and exercise, I think I may have to postpone the clothing diet until fall arrives. But, imagine how satisfying it will be to wear the same clothes for a month, continue to lose weight, then discover that you must replace your entire wardrobe because nothing fits anymore. The anti-consumerist message is lost, but the end result is charity: I will give all my fat clothes to my fat friends.

4 comments:

  1. Ew. Clothing diet? Well, at least stick with eating fur products. I'm not sure how much nutritional value you'll find chewing on polyester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've been on this clothing diet for the last 10 years. It's easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. American Apparel's plain 100% cotton shirts taste best.

    The orange ones are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cycling shorts are already falling down....but that may be due more to the fact that they're ancient and the elastic in the waist is shot. But I can hope.

    ReplyDelete