Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inner City Pressure

This has not been a good week for me. There has been a lot of pressure at work, and I've been working late pretty much every day. It's not a good environment for weight loss. Some people lose weight when they are stressed, and some people gain weight. I am solidly in the latter group. When faced with stress, I eat junk and don't exercise. It's a common problem for a lot of people. Simply put, after a week like this, I would be putting on a lot of pounds.

In the heat of the moment, I went to my comfort food... Swiss Chalet. My brain approved of the sudden influx of food, sugar, and salt... a welcome emotional escape from the stress at hand, albeit temporary. Ironically, it was my stomach that disapproved. To my surprise, the recent training of eating less for dinner had brought my stomach on side with the virtues of Thinspiration XXL. It groaned that I had eaten too much, too fast, and too late. My brain (normally the champion of my weight loss initiative) looked down in shame. With my stomach as a newfound ally, I spent the last few days trying to get back on track. Is it too little too late? We'll know tomorrow at the weigh-in.

PS: Flight of the Conchords FTW!

1 comment:

  1. It's dangerous having one of those SC's so near the office....

    ReplyDelete