Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Time Lords ... and me

Is this a bad thing? When I'm on a training run and over top of the normal stupidly loud heavy metal, Daniel Lanois, and other oddities on my iPod I start hearing in my head...

The Doctor Who Theme, with images of the Tardis floating through my skull. Yes the iconic Police Box itself.

Where in the hell did that come from?!?! It's been years since I've seen an episode and it's one of the old school era versions stuck on loop between my ears. A variant mix of the haunting 1960's William Hartnell era and the later Tom Baker era tune.

After biking home and running my butt off, had that left my mind nutrient and oxygen deprived in the normal smoggy and humid Toronto air causing psychotropic images and sounds filtering through my mind? Because really, the theme is pretty trippy.

I had to take some time after getting home to collect myself...it was so odd. I consoled myself with more Hewitt's Goat's Milk ice cream, Raspberry this time. 125ml of which is about 37% of your daily fat intake. But so damn yummy. After 15k on my feet I figured I'd earned a scoop or four.

I'm craving tons of it but never satisfied. It's raspberry. Ice cream just isn't the same without it being chocolate, covered in chocolate, include chocolate covered nuts, chunks of chocolate or chocolate anything else for that matter. It's been a while since I've had chocolate anything other than a few tiny choco-covered caramel balls over the weekend.

That's it, the Tardis is telling me I need chocolate. I'm going into withdrawal. That or I was meant to go to Comic Con in San Diego this year and somehow missed the signs.

Damn you, after 50+ years of the BBC series I hope The Master finally kills you off completely this season, no more regeneration you bastard. I'll watch that with a bucket of chocolate covered fried chicken and a brownie filled gut-buster chocolate sundae.

The weigh-in this week is not going to be friendly.

1 comment:

  1. While working, I often find myself whistling the tune to "If I only had a brain" from the Wizard of Oz, if it makes you feel better.

    Also, I ate the biggest ice cream, whipped cream, and fudge covered brownie yesterday. It was fantastic, but I felt ill all night.

    ReplyDelete