Saturday, September 18, 2010

Skinny and stupid

With less than 24 hours before the final weigh-in, I figure that it is safe to reveal my strategy to win Thinspiration XXL on September 19.

One week before final weigh-in: eat All Bran and little more
I started making All Bran cereal a healthy start to my day in the hope of cleaning house. I have also avoided eating anything with an indeterminate calorie count to ensure that I consume less than 1300 calories each day. This has meant shunning restaurants, and most social activities. Dieters walk alone.

96 hours before final weigh-in: go for a run
While I have been commuting to work by bike practically every day (30 minutes each way), nothing burns calories like running. I went for a run for the first time in months, and I instantly lost pounds. Much of it was water weight, of course, but running succeeded where All Bran failed.

72 hours before final weigh-in: laxatives
Since cutting down my daily caloric intake (1117 is the record), my body has had trouble maintaining a normal temperature. My skin tells me that the air is comfortable and yet, my hands could double as a frosty mug. Walking briskly to bring my body temperature up has become a necessity, but more intense exercise like running has become dangerous. Taking laxatives allow for the evacuation of excess baggage in a safe, seated position.

24 hours before final weigh-in: cut out carbs and salt
A steady diet of protein appears to have resolved the body temperature issue, but a new problem has come up: I am losing my mind. I feel lightheaded, get tired from walking, and have become a cranky pants. Thorn has resorted to patting me on the back before putting me to bed and burying my plaintive whines under the duvet.

Hours before final weigh-in: cut out drinking and enter the sauna
I do not intend to drink any liquids prior to the weigh-in and I will take on another seated position strategy to weight loss: the sauna. Thorn will be present to take me to the final weigh-in, should I fail to carry myself there due to loss of consciousness.

2 comments:

  1. If you do happen to win, then I tip my hat to you. That is an impressively unhealthy array of strategies. You truly deserve to claim the trophy from within your hospital bed.

    I have done little in the way of strategy, though this illness has robbed me of my appetite. I have eaten a whopping two tablespoons of peanut butter today, and I feel like it may have been too much. :S I debated going for a run, but am far too weak from illness.

    *begins crying uncontrollably
    *realizes that crying = weight loss
    *begins to smile in satisfaction
    *notices that the crying has ceased
    *becomes depressed at losing his weight-loss groove

    Cycle repeats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just really sounds like no fun at all. Yesterday I was at H's working fibreglass insulation and carrying drywall. F fed me korean bbq and lasagna, I can never say no to that!

    ReplyDelete