Friday, August 13, 2010

"Mmm, that was delicious. Now excuse me. I need to go to... the bathroom... for a minute..."


As this competition has progressed, it has been interesting to note the eating disorders some of our competitors have developed. I believe celestialspeedster, for one, is well on her way to anorexia. Surprisingly though, we have no bulimics, unless they vomit in secret (Flocons?). Disturbingly, this disappoints me. I would really like to see the full range of eating disorders develop during this competition. I believe it would be informative to human society or something...

However, the idea of bulimia is not totally gone from my mind. Just yesterday I went for all-you-can-eat sushi, and I considered vomiting afterwards. It was a passing thought, and one that I didn't seriously entertain, but I did think of it. The same thought occurred to me at 5am this morning, after eating some delicious lasagna.


Out of curiousity, I decided to take a couple of different eating disorder assessments with the competitive spirit of Thinspiration XXL in mind. Here are my results:

20 question quiz
Your score is 55. You are at a medium risk of developing an eating disorder. You should seek medical advice and/or professional counselling for a more reliable assessment.

50 question quiz
Your score: 72%
65-75% There is strong evidence of an eating disorder. You may be suffering from full-blown bulimia, or you may be in the midst of anorexia. Your answers indicate a high risk for further medical and psychological complications. Please seek a full medical evalutation immediately; counselling is also highly recommended. Your health may be significantly at risk.

Worry not though, friends, as if this competition were over, my score would be back in the normal range. I checked.

I challenge my fellow competitors to assess whether they are determined enough to win this competition to develop an eating disorder. Take the quiz!

Another important quiz
My score: 69%

4 comments:

  1. So, you hypothesize that I'm anorexic. We'll let science determine the truth!

    20 question quiz: Your score is 65. You are at a medium to high risk of developing an eating disorder. You must seek medical advice and/or professional counselling for a more reliable assessment.

    50 question quiz: Score is 50%. 45-55% There is significant evidence that you may be developing or in the midst of an eating disorder. Whether or not symptoms are present, you appear to be at high risk for becoming symptomatic. Medical evaluation and/or counselling is highly recommended.

    Chances I'd eat my friends if trapped and starving: 54%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Amateur! You call that anorexia? No wonder you're falling behind, fatty!

    For all your talk, you'd even make a lousy cannibal. I guess that bumps you down my priority list for eating, in case of an airplane crash or a very long food line-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, Speedster is too tiny to be a sustaining meal anyway. More like a light snack with included toothpicks.

    "Do you weight yourself regularly or has your scale been confiscated because you weigh yourself too often?" Y/N? I had to laugh at that one. How "regularly" and "too often" equate I have yet to figure out.

    20Q : 55 and medium risk as well, like really?

    50Q : 20% SURPRISE!! "15-25% ... some of your answers may be indicative of a medical problem of some sort" HAHA! Um, they're kidding right?

    Cannibalism Q : Only 59%. But do remember I can outrun and tackle ALL OF YOU. You know...just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....very interesting....and good to know.
    I am only 26% likely to eat my friends in dire circumstances. And lucky for those who may be stuck with me in said circumstances, I will most likely choose not to eat anyone. Perhaps even better (double-ly lucky) is that I have no qualms about putting anyone out of their misery swiftly, if they asked me politely....or in desperation. I believe that makes me a good friend. lol. I can do what most others would prefer not to.

    ReplyDelete