Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Headed to the State Fair

Amongst its many culinary delicacies, the Wisconsin State Fair is enticing visitors with the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger. That's a regular, artery clogging cheeseburger, but with a Krispy Kreme donut in place of a bun. Throw in an extra dollar and you get a side order of chocolate-covered bacon on a stick. (Flocons perks up)

It's a mere 1000 calories, which means that I can have a large glass of milk on the side and call it bupper (breakfast and supper combined).

4 comments:

  1. Skipping breakfast? That sounds horribly unhealthy. Fitting with the theme of your planned outing, I recommend you start your day with one (or two) of these:

    http://www.bassethoundtown.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mcdonalds_sausage_mcgriddle.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. During my writing class, I was inspired (thinspired, if you will) to create the following haiku:
    Krispy Kreme Burger
    One thousand calories each
    Bacon on the side

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is equal parts impressive and horrifying. State Fair fare indeed.

    As deliciously gross as the concept is (the McVomit reference not helping either) this still makes me want to go make my own burgers now.

    After one burger-less krispy kreme donut I feel like I've swallowed my own workboots after frosting them in cement. Those things are all kinds of yummy evil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, celestialspeedster...awesome haiku!
    The words Krispy Kreme make me perk up much like Flocons with his penchant for chocolate covered bacon, however, the third word "burger" just destroyed any desire to eat it. As with people, some things should never be allowed together.

    ReplyDelete